Friday, June 19, 2009

Little Update


So...I had my last oncology appointment for a while on Wednesday. We discussed the "what next" and it seems I am going to get off easy! My onc doesn't do the whole CT/PET scan thing every few months...her experience has been that IF a relapse occurs, it is usually found between scans anyway. The risk of exposing me to radiation far outweighs any benefit at this point, so she will just see me every few months and I will be looking out for any symptoms. Stupid cancer, anyway.

Yesterday, I had a picnic with Ted's sister Gretchen and her daughter Elsie. We had a good time, even though it was soooo HOT! We went to Memorial Park in Shakopee. It's a very nice park with paved trails to walk along the Minnesota River. It's been muggy here and in the 80s during the day. For cancer peeps, that's miserable. For some reason we lose the ability to regulater our body temperature and we get so HOT! I usually love hot weather, but I'm quite content to stay in the A/C when it's that hot.

That's really all I have for now. I'm just sorta hanging out, studying here and there and picking away at my guitar!

1 comment:

  1. Hello my dear! I am glad that things are looking up for you! That is awesome. I am glad that you enjoyed the park in shako! You were so close to my home!! :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you will be commenting. I enjoy hearing from others. NO SPAMMERS! NO SOLICITING! I do appreciate feedback, but please keep it relatively clean and try not to be a jerk. Trolls are never welcome. Offensive, condescending, or irrelevant posts will be deleted and the poster will be blocked and reported. The comment section of my blog is not a place for dialogue or chatting so please kindly take this elsewhere.