Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sleepy Time Issues and Addictions


Okay, so here is the wierd thing about me falling asleep: right in that stage, just where I'm beginning to nod off and I'm not really asleep, but not really awake, I start to see, hear, and feel strange things. Things like bright flashes of light (lightning, or a camera flash maybe), thunder, toast popping out of a toaster, books slamming shut, a person shouting, a brush of something across my face, or even the other night, I felt like I got slapped across the top of my head with a bungee cord. These things all wake me up and give me an awful lot of trouble falling asleep. I brought it all up to my doc, and she was very puzzled and said that she hadn't had anyone tell her these things before. She told me to take a benadryl and see if that helped, and it did. Made me nice & sleepy, and I stayed that way until I had to wake up for med-time. Hopefully it works again tonight and I can get a decent night's sleep.

Let me tell you, and I know this is sorta gross, but constipation is a chemo patient's worst nightmare. When you can't go for 4 or 5 days in a row, it makes for a very uncomfortable existence. But, the opposite is also true. The docs give you (more) drugs for the constipation, and sometimes it gives you diarrhea. The cramping and running to the nearest bathroom every five minutes is awkward, and did I mention the CRAMPING!!! It's awful. Makes you feel very un-ladylike.

And just as a side note--I really don't want this to sound rude, or cold, or jerkish. I'm really not trying to be mean. But, I have a few people who are requesting personal phone calls and/or emails with updates on how I'm doing, and requesting these a little more frequently that I am able to provide. Let me tell you, I am flattered that you are so concerned. I really am, you have no idea. But, I designed this blog so that I wouldn't have to go through and give everyone updates individually. I am pretty busy between doctor visits, being sick, and just plain trying to keep my mind off the fact that I am ill. Having to tell the same sickness story more than once every few days gets me a little down, and I'm really trying to avoid that mess. I am (slowly) getting to the phone calls; in fact, I have a huge list of people I need to call. If you are on that list (and I guarantee that if you are reading one of my blogs and you know me personally, you are on that list), you can bet that you will be receiving a phone call from me. So please understand that I am doing the best that I can to keep everyone in the loop--that is what these sites are for. I put every little thing I can possibly think of to put on here.

So, off the soapbox. I went to visit with one of my favorite instructors today and that really cheered me up. Ted and I chatted with him for about an hour and a half. He was my animal nutrition instructor--I took Companion Animal Care & Nutrition and Animal Nutrition with him the last few years, and was registered to take Ruminant Nutrition with him this semester, but we know how that ended up. I posted a picture of him & I at the top of this post.

Well, I think I am going to wrap this up. For those of you who would like to see some more pics I have my Myspace site www.myspace.com/animaldocof2012 and I will also try to figure out how to post them here.

I feel pretty good today (except for the tummy rumblings and a little nausea). My poor mom caught a bug somewhere and has been stuffy nosed and coughing a lot. I picked her up some cold meds today while we were out running errands, so send her good warm thoughts of getting well.

Kelly, I agree that Nip/Tuck is getting a little hokey, but I have to admit I still am addicted. Damages is drawing me in like a 730 calorie molten chocolate cake--I can't look away for even a minute! Last season was fantastic and it's what got me addicted in the first place; it IS like crack.

Love to all,
Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you will be commenting. I enjoy hearing from others. NO SPAMMERS! NO SOLICITING! I do appreciate feedback, but please keep it relatively clean and try not to be a jerk. Trolls are never welcome. Offensive, condescending, or irrelevant posts will be deleted and the poster will be blocked and reported. The comment section of my blog is not a place for dialogue or chatting so please kindly take this elsewhere.