Sunday, February 15, 2009

Daytona!!


Good afternoon, all!

Can you believe this? I actually just woke up about a half an hour ago. I literally never sleep like that--but maybe I just needed it. I feel like I just wasted half my day! On a good note, I woke up in time for the Daytona. Yes, I watch racing. I'm not a huge rube about it or anything, but I do enjoy watching when I can. It's crazy that the biggest event of the racing season is held at the beginning (rather than the end, like the Super Bowl).

I don't really have anything to update. I'm having a little jaw and hip pains, but nothing that isn't being taken care of by the Percocet. My hair is still falling out at a steady pace--I sure wish it would make up its mind! I'm hopeful that it will just be thin, and not completely fall out. I think if it hasn't all dropped off my skull by now, that's what's going to occur. Sure would be nice to at least look a little normal!

Right now, I'm looking for a new dog food for my allergy suffering chocolate Lab, Cody. I'm thinking about going with venison or duck, but I have to be very careful about what I feed him because he can't have anything he's been exposed to already. I've had him on a limited ingredient diet for over a year now, and while it's helped a little, I haven't seen any significant improvement that would make me stick with what I've been feeding him. Plus, he's all of a sudden become very stinky. He just had a bath a week and a half ago, so I think he may have something metabolic going on that a diet change may help with. So, I figure I can put my expensive education in animal nutrition to good use and find something good for my sweet boy.

Ted is doing well in ND--seems that he is ahead in his class as he is always done early. It sounds like the whole class is going to be done a day or two earlier than expected. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that they will be going home early :(. But, Saturday will be here soon enough I'm sure, and I will have my wonderful man back here with me. He sent me things for Valentine's day--a stuffed pup that says 'I love you' when you squeeze his paw, some chocolate roses, and a bouquet with a single red rose, some pink carnations, lilies, and daisies. It was absolutely lovely and so very thoughtful. We don't normally do much for Valentine's day, so this was quite a nice surprise.

Well, I'm off to go research dog food. I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend, and thanks for stopping by!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I'm new to reading your blog. I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis with Hodgkins. I am a breast cancer survivor so I know what your going through with chemo.
    Take care and stay strong.
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you will be commenting. I enjoy hearing from others. NO SPAMMERS! NO SOLICITING! I do appreciate feedback, but please keep it relatively clean and try not to be a jerk. Trolls are never welcome. Offensive, condescending, or irrelevant posts will be deleted and the poster will be blocked and reported. The comment section of my blog is not a place for dialogue or chatting so please kindly take this elsewhere.