Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yayyyy!!!


Just a quick little update--some really good news!

I was approved for the Community Care program through Fairview Hospital. What this program is and what it does: This program is set up through the hospital to assist people with limited resources in paying for hospital bills. I recieved this program during my hospital visit almost three years ago, and it covered everything. This time, they are also covering 100% of my patient liability to the hospital--that's over $35,000! There will be thank you cards sent out for sure. This is a huge burden off of my shoulders. These programs are set up to help people in financial need--and that they do!

Now, I am just waiting on my disability. I sent in all the paperwork that they asked for, and someone called me yesterday to do a Supplemental Security Income application over the phone. I wasn't sure about my life insurance policy information, and I mistakenly gave her the wrong info and it's been a hassle trying to get a hold of them again. I left two messages today, and I plan on calling them again tomorrow. That information could mean the difference between my recieving that money or not. The SSI is different than Disability--it's basically set up for people with limited resources who are also on disability. We shall see if I actually have to go down there and whoop and holler or not. I know they're busy and all, but it would be nice if I didn't have to wait to update info on an application that they may have already sent in, which would make it that much harder for us to change the information on it.

I just wanted to share the good news with everyone! I don't have anything to update as far as side effects, etc. go. I recieved my shot of Neulasta yesterday; it was only half the dose I recieved the first time, so hopefully it won't cause so many side effects as the first one. I will let you all know!

Thanks, all, for your visits and guestbook entries! They really do perk me up when I'm feeling down!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog, and I hope you will be commenting. I enjoy hearing from others. NO SPAMMERS! NO SOLICITING! I do appreciate feedback, but please keep it relatively clean and try not to be a jerk. Trolls are never welcome. Offensive, condescending, or irrelevant posts will be deleted and the poster will be blocked and reported. The comment section of my blog is not a place for dialogue or chatting so please kindly take this elsewhere.